Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cheeseburger Casserole

Check out this recipe from the Curvaceous Cook for Cheeseburgers in Paradise.

I made it for dinner tonight, it was very tasty!  The PointsPlus value is 8-10 (depending on the nutritional info on your specific ingredients) for 1/8 of the casserole.  I used 80% lean/20% fat ground beef because I'm cheap, but of course ground round or sirloin, or even turkey or chicken, would lower your calorie or point count considerably.

I couldn't find the appropriate sized can of soup, so I used a 10 oz can, and then used a full cup of fat free sour cream to make up for the lack of volume in the mixture.  Other than that I followed the recipe.

As is the general rule with casseroles, it doesn't look like much, but with a nice salad on the side it was a very satisfying meal.  Tater tots, hamburger, lots of cheese, and sour cream?  What's not to like?


No comments: