Friday, August 19, 2011

Crash and burn

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Blogger for eating my last post.  I tried to post something on Monday but apparently it has disappeared into cyberspace.


My tiki mug is cooler than your tiki mug.
So, to catch up, I had a great time on my trip.  Saw Harry Potter (second time for me, first for the bf) and The Help.  I had excuses to wear some of my pretty clothes.  We went out to eat a few times, but outside of that I tried to stick with my safe foods like fruit, Cinnamon Cheerios, and ham sammiches.  I only ran once while I was there, but that's better than nothing I think.

My weigh in last Saturday I was up 2.4 lbs, which was to be expected - Friday night involved massive amounts of food, and alcoholic beverages that were poured with a very heavy hand.  I was also introduced to my new love:  edamame.

I came home on Sunday evening, and weighed myself on Monday morning...holy crap.  I was at 203-point-something.  Water weight from traveling, mostly, I'm sure.  Or it was at that point at least...

It's a bowl of liquor, and it's on fire.
(We had to ask for extra mixers because it was so strong.)
I'm still probably sitting around that number now because my week just went to hell.  I'm always depressed when I come home from AZ because I want to just stay there forever.  My emotions and boredom got the better of me and I've been late-night binge eating like I will never see ice cream again.  I've been good today, so that's 1 day out of 7.  Yeah...it's not going to be pretty tomorrow.

As a result of this terrible week, and - let's be honest - the past few weeks that I haven't tracked AT ALL, I will be tracking and posting my food here every day for the coming week.  I am putting my noob hat on and pretending I just joined Weight Watchers.  It's time for some renewed accountability.  Guess that means I should probably hit the grocery store...I think my appropriate food supply consists of apples and Nutrigrain waffles at this point.

No comments: