Friday, July 15, 2011

Workouts for the week of 7/9-7/15

Saturday, 7/9/11 - 10k plan, Day 21 - 2.87 miles in 40:00 (13:57 pace) - 5 min warmup/cooldown walks @ 3.7, 30 min jog @ 4.5


Sunday, 7/10/11 - Zumba class, 1 hr


I was one of TWO people in class this past Sunday.  I'm just glad someone else showed up because that would have been awkward if it was just me.  I went on a campaign on facebook to get some of the folks on my friends list to come, after which I found out that the Sunday class is now cancelled for the rest of the month due to lack of attendance.  The regular instructor is in grad school and will be graduating soon, so she hasn't had time to promote the class.  She teaches at a couple local YMCA branches, but they charge $8 or so for admission for guests...I really cannot swing nearly $10 a class.  So I'll be going to the Saturday class at the gym this week, which is a different instructor, but I don't wanna just stop going for the rest of July!  I believe I've got my buddy Elisa coming with me to class tomorrow after our WW meeting!  <3

Been feeling blah and had some drama go down early in the week, so I wasn't feeling the working out, took Monday and Tuesday off.


Wednesday, 7/13/11 - 10k plan, Day 22 - 3.99 miles in 55:00 (13:46 pace) - 5 min warmup/cooldown walks @ 3.7, 45 min jog/incline work @ 4.5


Thursday, 7/14/11 - 10k plan, Day 23 - cross-training on air resistance bike - 4.8 miles in 30:00


Again, just pedaled and read a book - Hit List, the newest novel in Laurell K. Hamilton's 'Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter' series.

Tried to get on the treadmill on Thursday evening but it was acting up again.  Dad and I know how to temporarily fix it, but even that has stopped working.  We have an appointment sometime next week for someone to come look at it, from a more legitimate source than our random repair guy.  Clearly the motor and belt we replaced were not the issue back in March, because that fix only held out 3 months, and now we have to tighten stuff every few times I use it (or in the case of this week, we tightened it after my run on Saturday, I used it Wednesday, and then it was back to crazy on Thursday).  Bleh.

I really need to start running outside anyway, but that means I'm going to have to get up super early right when the sun comes up.  I will not run around any portion of Indianapolis in the dark, and it's 90+ degrees with 129478% humidity during the day.  Time to become a morning person - fat chance on that one!

Weigh in tomorrow - I stuck religiously to my daily points this week but I don't think I'll see much of a loss, if any.  It's hard for me to pull more than a fraction of a pound after a big loss like last week!

No comments: