Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Last week

I keep meaning to update, and then inevitably something distracts me and I forget.  So it's been over a week.  Whoopsies!  I'll put last week's workouts and weigh in on this post, and then make a new one for this week.


I didn't work out at all for nearly 2 weeks.  No excuse is good enough, but I was sick and then had that really stressful week and just couldn't get motivated.  This first day back to it was rough!

Monday, 4/18/11 - PALA 10k plan, Day 1 - 2 miles in 30:06 (15:03 pace) - 5 min warmup/cooldown walks, 20 min jog

I've started a new running training plan for 10k distance.  I'm really thinking about doing a half marathon sometime in the next year, so I need to up my distance.  10k just seemed like the next logical step.  I still can't quite jog an entire 5k yet, but I'm getting there!  The training program I'm using is from Active Trainer in conjunction with the President's Fitness Challenge/Presidential Active Lifestyle Award, and is available here.  It's free to use, you just have to make an account.  It suggests 4 days a week of activity, some of which are designated as cross-training.


Wednesday, 4/20/11 - PALA 10k plan, Day 2 - 2 miles in 40:00 (16:00 pace) - set treadmill for rolling inclines between 3-5%

This day was tough because the treadmill was on a constant incline; I slowed to a walk a few times.  The 10k plan specifies on which days you should do a hilly course.  I wish there was a way to have the treadmill do a downhill slope and not just uphill, heh.


Friday, 4/22/11 - PALA 10k plan, Day 3 - 2.68 miles in 40:00 (14:55 pace) - 5 min warmup/cooldown walks @ 3.4mph, 30 min jog @ 4.2

This was the first time I've ever jogged for half an hour straight!  That's over 2 miles!  I was one of those kids in gym class who walked the mile when we had to do it...and now, even being nearly 60 pounds overweight, I can jog for 2 miles!  Woot!


Now on to the weigh in.  I will say, this week was not good food-wise.  I did get back on the wagon as far as exercise goes, but I barely tracked anything I ate, and my water intake and fruit/veg were not on par.  With that, and the fact that I lost nearly 6 lbs the week before, I was fully prepared to gain a bit...

Weigh in:  Saturday, 4/23/11 - 219.2 - 0.2 lbs lost, 31 lbs total

...But somehow I didn't!  I don't know if I'd refer to this as 'losing', more maintaining, but I am 100% okay with that.

I'll catch up from Saturday afternoon until now later today! :)

2 comments:

Leigh said...

Hey lady, I'm loving your blog... helps me accountable in a way (as I'm sitting here reading it when I had planned to go to the gym, ha!) I had mentioned that we kind of fell off the wagon at the same time, any tips for getting back on? For the past three weeks I've only been making it to workouts on Mondays (whereas before I had been going around 4 times a week). If you could share your motivational tips, or however it was you made yourself get back on track... cuz girl you're rockin it! 35 minutes? Incredible!

Dana said...

Damnit! I didn't see this comment until just now, I'm sorry girlie! For right now I'm back off the workout wagon because I was out of town, but really my motivation is that I want to look hot. I'm well aware that's really shallow, but I've found clothes I love and I want to have the opportunity to look good in them. I also think of my future family, and how I want to set a good example for my kids, but that's secondary for the time being because I feel like it's a long way off yet.

I honestly cannot say that I enjoy getting my ass on the treadmill, but I do like Zumba, and I went for a walk/jog in the park the other day with my boyfriend and his dog - that was fun.

What it comes down to for me is not just the want/need to be healthy or look good. I have to focus on *why* I want those things to keep me motivated. Hot clothes for now, but it extends to a future with what I hope will be gorgeous wedding photos and healthy babies. :)