Friday, March 18, 2011

Soreness means I'm doing something right...right?

Thursday, 3/17/11 - stationary bike - 7.5 miles in 45 min
Friday, 3/18/11 - walk/jog (outdoor) - 3.27 miles in 51:51 (15:51 pace)

I planned on hopping on the exercise bike last night and watching Big Bang Theory, but I didn't realize it would be ousted from the schedule due to NCAA March Madness.  I know it's a really big deal to everyone but me...I'm just not into college sports.  Really the only sport I follow at all is pro football, and with that lockout business going on now, who knows if we'll get a season this year!  It would be really unfortunate if nothing is settled since the Super Bowl is supposed to be here in Indy! 

But I digress, this post was supposed to be about workouts.

My outside run on Wednesday beat me up in the ankle and groin regions.  Ankles I understand, but why the very upper inner thighs and no other part of my legs?  Weird.

I was going to use the fact that it had been raining all afternoon today to forego running on the hard pavement again.  The clouds had disappeared by the time I got home this evening, though, so I sucked it up and went out.  I *did* manage to finish all my Week 4 jogging intervals this time - hooray!  I was leading with my heels on the last interval because my calves were so tired, and I'll probably be sorry I did that tomorrow, but I least I got through it!

So we'll add calves to my list of sore parts.  I've been chugging water today to try and combat the sore muscle water retention phenomenon, because it's weigh in day tomorrow!  No idea what's going to happen this week...I'm sore and it's my 'lady time', so a gain is not completely unexpected, but entirely unwelcome!

No comments: