Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Bad day

Wednesday, 3/23/11 - stationary bike - 3.9 miles in 20:15

I take care of my grandma on weekdays, and this week she has been almost completely unresponsive, and when she does say anything it's argumentative.  I think she's fed up with her situation and I can't say I blame her.  I wouldn't enjoy life if I had no idea who anyone was or what was going on at any point in the day either!  Anyway, it takes a lot of energy mentally to deal with her right now and I was very tired this evening as a result.

It also turned into one of those days when I'm just frustrated with my life in general...I feel like I'm stuck in a rut.  This doesn't have anything to do with weight loss at this point, that's going great.  Everything else - meh.

I was prepared to do my running workout but it seems the treadmill is busted again.  We had a repair man come a couple weeks ago and he did a temporary fix on it so we could use it until the new parts we need come in.  Temporary was accurate; I think I used it twice before the belt started jerking again.

By the time I discovered this I was pretty frustrated, so I just did 20 minutes on the exercise bike.  A short workout, but I did work hard...I'm definitely not a lady that 'glows' during a workout.  No euphemisms apply for the amount of sweat I produce.  (Yeah, gross...)

And I absolutely had a small brownie and a full cup of light peanut butter chocolate ice cream.  About 11 PointsPlus but I had it to spend, so though I was somewhat comforting myself with food once again, it wasn't cheating.  The important part is that I recognize it...right?  RIGHT? 

Due to my bummed-outed-ness, which is a totally valid hypenation I'm sure, I've decided a goal with a time limit may be a good thing to have right now.  So I'm going to do it:  My short term goal is to lose a total of 35 lbs by June 1.  There it is, un-take-back-able (another completely acceptable hyphenation).  Wish me luck!

No comments: